What is the significance of after() in this code?

zeph zephjc at gmail.com
Mon Dec 7 01:40:07 EST 2009

On Dec 6, 8:46 pm, Benjamin Kaplan <benjamin.kap... at case.edu> wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 6, 2009 at 10:29 PM, W. eWatson <wolftra... at invalid.com> wrote:
> > See Subject.
> >    def StackImages(self):
> >        self.Upload("P")
> >        self.after_id = self.master.after(10000,self.GetFrameOne)
> > --
>
> I think this is close to winning an award for "least information
> provided". How are we supposed to know with the information you gave
> us? We don't know what package you're using, what type anything is, or
> even the purpose of that method. Try putting this line in there
> somewhere
> print type(self.master)
>
> and then open up the interactive interpreter, import whatever you need and do
> help(<type>.after)

True, though by *context* the after method looks like it takes a time
(probably in milliseconds, given its size), and a method, and calls
the method after that amount of time, and returning some process/
thread id to self.after_id.  Though if that's right, we still don't
know if its synchronous or not, if its calling it in a new thread or a
new process, etc etc.