Why Can't I Delete a File I Created with Win XP?

W. eWatson wolftracks at invalid.com
Sat Dec 5 21:20:44 EST 2009

The original program and code are not mine. I have no idea if that
specific piece of code has ever been tested. Generally the program works
quite well, and when needed creates the Events folder without any
difficulty. That folder is used heavily by writing new data files to it
thousands of times over a month.

I'm trying to do a very simple thing. I go to the Analysis folder, and
try to use Win XP Pro to delete the empty and unnamed file in it. One
just does a right-click on the empty file, and then uses Delete. It
won't let me delete it. If I back up to the folder level, it won't let
me delete the folder, since it's not empty. See the post I made to J
moments ago.