TDD with nose or py.test

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Sat Dec 5 12:24:43 EST 2009

In article <2519ffb0-fd49-4340-857b-62fca5c71421 at 33g2000vbe.googlegroups.com>,
Lacrima  <lacrima.maxim at gmail.com> wrote:

>I am learning TDD with Python and there is not much information about
>this topic. Python is shipped with unittest module. That is fine, but
>I also discovered other libraries: nose and py.test. They promise to
>make life yet easier for a developer. But I still can't figure out,
>which combination I should use them in.

My company decided to use py.test because it offered better support for
cross-platform and multi-machine testing (at least as of a couple of
months ago when we made the decision).  Otherwise, the two seem pretty
comparable and nose seems to be easier to use.

The best way to get information on Usenet is not to ask a question, but
to post the wrong information.