memory error

Ahmed, Shakir shahmed at sfwmd.gov
Fri Dec 4 09:16:01 EST 2009

From: python-list-bounces+shahmed=sfwmd.gov at python.org [mailto:python-list-bounces+shahmed=sfwmd.gov at python.org] On Behalf Of Stephen Hansen
Sent: Thursday, December 03, 2009 10:22 PM
To: python-list at python.org
Subject: Re: memory error

On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 5:51 AM, Ahmed, Shakir <shahmed at sfwmd.gov> wrote:

	I am getting a memory error while executing a script. Any idea is highly
	appreciated.

	Error message: " The instruction at "0x1b009032" referenced memory at
	"0x00000804:, The memory could not be "written"

	This error is appearing and I have to exit from the script.

Vastly insufficient information; that basically is like saying, "Something broke." People can't really help you with that. You sorta need to show some code and/or at least describe what's going on at the time.

But-- the image does say Pythonwin... are you running this from the Pythonwin editor/IDE? Does this script crash out if you run it through the normal 'python'(or pythonw) commands? If not, are you attempting to do any sort of GUI work in this script? That rarely works within Pythonwin directly.

--S

I am using python to do some gp ( geo processing ) for accuracy analysis. This analysis is based on application numbers. The script is going through each application number to process the data and looping through. The error appears after running few loops ( mean it process few applications). There is no certainty of how many loops it is going through but stopped with the error message and.

The code is attached herewith so I  hope it would make more clear to you. Any help is highly appreciated.

--sk