Help in wxpython

Nobody nobody at nowhere.com
Thu Dec 3 16:22:19 EST 2009

On Thu, 03 Dec 2009 07:55:19 +0000, r0g wrote:

> I have to recommend to opposite, stick with wx. What's the point of
> tying yourself into GTK when wx works on Mac, PC and Linux?

The main drawbacks are that wxWidgets sucks compared to GTK or Qt (mostly
due to being modelled on the Win32 API, which itself sucks compared to
most Unix/X11 toolkits), and that wxPython is woefully under-documented
(whereas PyGTK is better documented than GTK itself).

But if you need portability, wxPython is the way to go.