Beginner Q. interrogate html object OR file search?

Mark G markgrahamnz at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 22:24:07 EST 2009

Hi all,

I am new to python and don't yet know the libraries well. What would
be the best way to approach this problem: I have a html file parsing
script - the file sits on my harddrive. I want to extract the date
modified from the meta-data. Should I read through lines of the file
doing a string.find to look for the character patterns of the meta-
tag, or should I use a DOM type library to retrieve the html element I
want? Which is best practice? which occupies least code?

Regards, Mark