Insane Problem

Victor Subervi victorsubervi at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 15:18:11 EST 2009

Hi;
I have spent 2-3 hours trying to track this bug. Here's the code snippet:

  form = cgi.FieldStorage()
  fn = getattr(options, 'products')
  ourOptionsNames = []
  optionsNames, doNotUse  = fn('names')
  for name in optionsNames:
    test = table + '-' + name
    print test
    check = form.getfirst(test, '')
    print check
    if check != '':
      ourOptionsNames.append(name)

Now, when it looks through with test=='products', it doesn't report that any
of the values from the form are checked. However, when I explicitly write
out something like:
print form.getfirst('products-sizes', '')
which I checked on the form from the referring page, it does in fact print
out! My test prints show that 'products-sizes' is being passed to "check"
and should therefore be appended to "ourOptionsNames". But it isn't! What am
I missing here??
TIA,
Victor