High-performance Python websites

Rami Chowdhury rami.chowdhury at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 23:57:12 EST 2009

On Monday 30 November 2009 10:55:55 inhahe wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 7:33 PM, ShoqulKutlu <kursat.kutlu at gmail.com>
wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Managing load of high volume of visitors is a common issue for all
> > kind of web technologies. I mean this is not the python issue. This
> > issue is mostly about server level designs. You need to supply load
> > balancing for both web servers and databases to make your web site
> > able to respond to several concurrent visitors. Of course a good
> > programmed website is a key performance issue but for your mention
> > I would also suggest considering how many hardwares, how many
> > webservers, how many database cluster and which database server
> > should be used or will be used in the future..
>
> I don't know a lot about this issue, but take apache + php.  every
> time a page is loaded a new instance of php  is loaded to run the
> page,

AFAIK that's only the case for PHP-CGI, and Python as a CGI scripting
language is used the same way. Apache is very often run with mod_php,
though, which embeds the PHP interpreter; mod_python does something
similar for Python.

----
Rami Chowdhury
"As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison
involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one." -- Godwin's Law
408-597-7068 (US) / 07875-841-046 (UK) / 0189-245544 (BD)