os.remove() permission problem

Victor Subervi victorsubervi at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 08:05:21 EST 2009

On Mon, Nov 30, 2009 at 5:06 PM, Christian Heimes <lists at cheimes.de> wrote:

> Victor Subervi wrote:
> > When I go into the python interpreter and execute that statement, it
> > succeeds. What have I missed?
>
> You are confusing the permissions of a Unix file system. In order to
> create or a remove a file from a directory you need the x and w
> permission to enter the directory (x) and to modify (w) the directory
> entry.

Well, that's what I've tried. I've loaded the permissions up, 0777, and it
still throws the same error. I've also tried os.chmod(file, 0777) from the
script, and I get the same permissions error. I can do all of this from the
python prompt. I've set the ownership of the file attempting these commands
to root.root. Nothing works. Please advise.