An assessment of the Unicode standard

Nigel Rantor wiggly at wiggly.org
Mon Aug 31 10:36:46 EDT 2009

Hendrik van Rooyen wrote:
> On Sunday 30 August 2009 22:46:49 Dennis Lee Bieber wrote:
>
>> 	Rather elitist viewpoint... Why don't we just drop nukes on some 60%
>> of populated landmasses that don't have a "western" culture and avoid
>> the whole problem?
>
> Now yer talking, boyo!  It will surely help with the basic problem which is
> the heavy infestation of people on the planet!
> :-)

<bait>
On two conditions:

1) We drop some "test" bombs on Slough to satisfy Betjeman.

2) We strap both Xah and r to aforementioned bombs.
</bait>

<switch>
Also, I'm surprised no-one has mentioned Esperanto yet. Sounds like
something r and Xah would *love*.

Slightly off-topic - does anyone have a good recipe for getting
thunderbird to kill whole threads for good? Either based on a rule or
just some extension I can use?

The Xah/r threads are like car crashes, I can't help but watch but my
time could be better spent and I don't want to unsub the whole list.
</switch>

Cheers,