starting a client remotely

Diez B. Roggisch deets at nospam.web.de
Mon Aug 31 05:47:44 EDT 2009

jacopo wrote:

> I am playing with multiprocessing and I would like to have a python
> script on one machine which initialize my whole system, in other
> words, this script should start the server (a python script) on my
> local machine and the clients (python scripts) on the other machines
> in my local network.
>
> Would you have any suggestion?

This isn't possible witout some kind of service running on the remote
machine. You don't write what OS you are using, on unix'ish machines this
can be easily accomplished using SSH to invoke a remote-command that starts
your server. I've used that + Pyro in the past to create distributed
systems.

Diez