Is behavior of += intentional for int?

Derek Martin code at pizzashack.org
Sun Aug 30 13:36:17 EDT 2009

On Sun, Aug 30, 2009 at 04:26:54AM -0700, Carl Banks wrote:
> On Aug 30, 12:33 am, Derek Martin <c... at pizzashack.org> wrote:
> [snip rant]

I was not ranting.  I was explaining a perspective.

> > THAT is why Python's behavior with regard to numerical objects is
> > not intuitive, and frankly bizzare to me, and I dare say to others who
> > find it so.
> >
> > Yes, that's right.  BIZZARE.
>
> You mean it's different from how you first learned it.

I mean exactly that I find it "strikingly out of the ordinary; odd,
extravagant, or eccentric in style or mode" as Webster's defines the
word.  Whether it is so because it is different from how I first
learned it, or for some other reason, it is so nonetheless.  I have
elsewhere gone into great detail about why I find it so.  If you need
it to be simple, then feel free to simplify it.

--
Derek D. Martin
http://www.pizzashack.org/