Is behavior of += intentional for int?

Derek Martin code at pizzashack.org
Sun Aug 30 13:27:57 EDT 2009

On Sun, Aug 30, 2009 at 03:52:36AM -0700, Paul McGuire wrote:
> > It is surprising how many times we
> > think things are "intuitive" when we really mean they are "familiar".
>
> Of course, just as I was typing my response, Steve D'Aprano beat me to
> the punch.

Intuition means "The power or faculty of attaining to direct knowledge
or cognition without evident rational thought and inference."  Very
naturally, things which behave in a familiar manner are intuitive.
Familiar and intuitive are very closely tied.  Correspondingly, when
things look like something familiar, but behave differently, they are
naturally unintuitive.

--
Derek D. Martin
http://www.pizzashack.org/