An assessment of the Unicode standard

garabik-news-2005-05 at kassiopeia.juls.savba.sk garabik-news-2005-05 at kassiopeia.juls.savba.sk
Sun Aug 30 04:17:54 EDT 2009

r <rt8396 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Some may say well how can we possibly force countries/people to speak/
> code in a uniform manner? Well that's simple, you just stop supporting
> their cryptic languages by dumping Unicode and returning to the
> beautiful ASCII and adopting English as the universal world language.
v> Why English? Well because it is so widely spoken. But whatever we
> choose just choose one language and stick with it, perfect it, and
> maintain it.

Y’know, it is naïve to think that the “beautiful” ASCII is
sufficient for English…

Besides, there is the APL... (though, you are right, we should dump
those crappy old languages and use Python exclusively)

| Radovan Garabík http://kassiopeia.juls.savba.sk/~garabik/ |
| __..--^^^--..__    garabik @ kassiopeia.juls.savba.sk     |