What python can NOT do?

Tim Chase python.list at tim.thechases.com
Fri Aug 28 21:32:17 EDT 2009

qwe rty wrote:
>>> I understand there's a little trouble getting Python to prove
>>> that P=NP  You'll also find that it only comes close to solving
>>> the unrestricted three-body problem and the Traveling Salesman
>>> problem is still limited to fallible heuristics and searching the
>>> entire solution set in better than O(2**n) time.
>> I forgot about solving the Spam problem entirely.  And answering
>> poorly worded/thought-out questions on the internet...
>>
>> I've also been sorely disappointed by Python's ability to make a
>> good chocolate cream silk pie.
>
> if you don't know the answer please don't reply

I'm not sure you understand -- Being a Turing complete language,
anything you can do in any other language, you can do in Python.
  As "r" observed, it might not be a pleasant experience (though
there are a lot of things I'd rather do in Python than in C or
Assembly) but certainly doable.

So clearly the issue resides in your nonsensical question.  You
asked for things you can't do with Python so I listed some.  The
things you can't do in Python are things you can't do in any
other language either.  To turn your snark on end, "If you can't
post a sensible question, please don't post in the first place".

But this is usenet, and Python can't solve the problem of
nonsensical questions posted on usenet. :-/

-tkc