An assessment of Tkinter and IDLE

r rt8396 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 28 13:27:15 EDT 2009

On Aug 28, 11:12 am, Mark Roseman <m... at markroseman.com> wrote:
> Would it be useful to link to this from the main Python Tkinter
> documentation?
>
> Mark

Thanks Mark, but i would hate to see more links to TCL code in the
python docs. Whats the use of Tkinter if the docs are in TCL. Just
learn TCL and skip the Python middleman. But i don;t want to code in
TCL (*puke*) i much prefer Python even if i am calling wrapped TCL.
Not to mention this link is not a complete coverage of all the widgets
anyway.

We desperately need a complete reference for tkinter written with only
Python code that covers all widgets, all widget options, and all
widget methods. And this would be a minimal effort if someone would
just do it. Most of the information is already out there in various
locations around the net. We just need to compile, compress, and edit
it into one short and to the point reference material.

I will happily volunteer to create on my own or contribute to the docs
if i can get a guarantee from the tkinter maintainer that my work
would not be in vain.