Modules/packages by GvR?

Benjamin Peterson benjamin at python.org
Fri Aug 28 12:35:40 EDT 2009

Terry Reedy <tjreedy <at> udel.edu> writes

> I am not aware of any recent stdlib modules written by Guido.  I suspect
> most older ones have been updated at least once by someone else.

Guido wrote a good deal of the new Python 3 code. However, maintence has now
turned over to over Python developers. For example, I now maintain 2to3 and the
io library, both of which were originally written by Guido.

> > In general though, browsing the standard modules is a good way to find
> > examples, no matter who wrote it. Just keep in mind when it was
> > written more than who wrote it.
>
> The itertools module is relatively recent and has been recommended as
> one to read.

That probably don't do much good for your sense of Pythonicity, since it's
written in C. :)