Python on the Web

Bruno Desthuilliers bruno.42.desthuilliers at websiteburo.invalid
Fri Aug 28 07:40:28 EDT 2009

Phil a écrit :
>  When
> I gave that arbitrary percentage, I was basing it off of the
> information I had seen with regards to launching applications built
> with existing frameworks using lighttpd. I do realize I was missing a
> lot of information by looking up something that specific.

Indeed !-)

> I also
> understand that there are enough frameworks. That still won't change
> my mind. I do not want to write a web application, otherwise I would
> use an existing framework as suggested. I just wanted to experiment
> and see what kind of framework I could develop with some ideas I had
> in mind.

I wrote quite a couple web and non web frameworks myself - all ending up
  in the trash can FWIW, but it certainly has been a very educative
experience by itself.

>  I just really like some of the new features of
> Python 3, and most importantly, unicode compliance is just that much
> straight forward in my opinion.

If you're only writing your framework for learning purposes, you could
as well go with Python 3, and implement everything from the ground up
(not a trivial task FWIW).