[OT] How do I reply to a thread by sending a message to python-list at python.org

Hendrik van Rooyen hendrik at microcorp.co.za
Fri Aug 28 04:18:01 EDT 2009

On Thursday 27 August 2009 22:57:44  Terry Reedy wrote:

> > Nope. I got a duplicate sent to my mailbox, which I hate.
>
> In particular, because there is no indication that it is an exact
> duplicate of what I will also find on the list itself. Please use reply
> instead of reply-all.

If I do that, then the mail would go just to you, and not to the list at all,
which is not what I suspect you want, in view of what you have just said.

I have to do a "reply all", followed by deletion of the author, and sometimes
addition of the list as a "to" too.   Its a mess, and if I muck it up, the
author gets a copy in his email, if he has not fudged his "reply to"

It would really be nice if the "reply" would go to the list, but for the
digest versions, at least, it does not.

And different mail clients do not seem to make a difference.

- Hendrik