Learning Python advanced features

Jonathan Gardner jgardner at jonathangardner.net
Thu Aug 27 16:44:27 EDT 2009

On Aug 27, 5:13 am, jvpic <jv... at free.fr> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Learning Python, I understand the mechanism of : closure, __new__,
> descriptors, decorators and __metaclass__, but I interrogate myself on
> the interest of those technics ?
>
> May somebody explain me the interest ?

I assume you are asking, "Why do these features exist? What makes them
useful? When would I use them?"

For that, you should re-read the documentation and discussion
surrounding them. The short answer is that the above makes your job,
as a programmer easier. It's easier because you have to write less
code, read less code, and your code has fewer bugs.