Python on the Web

Graham Dumpleton graham.dumpleton at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 07:01:05 EDT 2009

On Aug 27, 1:02 pm, Phil <phil... at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks a lot for another response. I've never posted in groups like
> this before but the results are amazing.
>
> I will definitely consider trying mod_wsgi when I get a chance. I like
> the approach taken with it. It is unfortunate that I completely missed
> all Apache related material because I was using lighttpd. Is there no
> mod_wsgi for lighttpd? I guess I could always just Google that myself.

There is no mod_wsgi for lighttpd and suggest there never will be.
WSGI doesn't lend itself to working on top of an event driven system.
Someone did get a mod_wsgi going on nginx, which is also event driven,
but it has limitations due to possibility of blocking other traffic to
web server. See:

  http://blog.dscpl.com.au/2009/05/blocking-requests-and-nginx-version-of.html

Graham