[OT] How do I reply to a thread by sending a message to python-list at python.org

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Thu Aug 27 05:47:50 EDT 2009

Dave Angel wrote:
> Frank Millman wrote:

> I use Thunderbird, and treat the list as ordinary mail.  I use
> reply-all, and it seems to do the right thing.  Or at least if I'm
> breaking threads, nobody has pointed it out to me yet.

reply-all may send duplicate messages to the author. Not sure of this list.

I use Thunderbird and access python-list as a newsgroup via
news.gmane.org as gmane.comp.python.general. About 200 other python
mailing lists are accessible as g.c.p.xxx.

The first time one posts to a particular mailint list, the post is held
until one replies to a email sent to the 'from:' address. This cuts spam
tremendously.  Otherwise, no signup seems to be needed.

tjr