Need help with Python scoping rules

Nigel Rantor wiggly at wiggly.org
Wed Aug 26 11:49:10 EDT 2009

kj wrote:

> Needless to say, I'm pretty beat by this point.  Any help would be
> appreciated.
>
> Thanks,

Based on your statement above, and the fact that multiple people have
now explained *exactly* why your attempt at recursion hasn't worked, it
might be a good idea to step back, accept the advice and walk away
instead of trying to convince people that the language forbids recursion
and doesn't provide decent OO ecapsulation.

Otherwise I'd wager you'll soon be appearing in multiple kill-files.