Python for professsional Windows GUI apps?

erikj tw55413 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 04:29:52 EDT 2009

Hi,

You could have a look at Camelot, to see if it fits
your needs : http://www.conceptive.be/projects/camelot/

it was developed with cross platform business apps in
mind.  when developing Camelot, we tried to build it using
wxWidgets first (because of the licensing at that time),
but it turned out that developing with QT proved to be
much more straightforward.  QT is documented very well
and you seldom encounter 'strange' issues that cost hours
of time to pinpoint and fix.

the datagrid was developed to be able to handle millions
of database records without glitches and is flexible thanks
to QT's model-view-delegate framework.

we do print barcodes with this app (even directly to
zebra printers)

if you have questions regarding Camelot, please feel free
to post on our mailing list : http://groups.google.com/group/project-camelot

Regards,

Erik