Python for professsional Windows GUI apps?

Peter Decker pydecker at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 17:31:55 EDT 2009

On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 7:24 AM, Wolfgang Keller<feliphil at gmx.net> wrote:

> The only framework that seems to be worth trying is Dabo. Unfortunately there's little documentation, and that's mostly outdated.

To be honest, that was my biggest concern when I tried Dabo. However,
after as small a learning curve as one could expect for any
non-trivial tool, it seemed that if I wasn't sure what a particular
way to do something was, the most obvious guess was almost always
correct. Contrast that with developing in wxPython, which has quite a
bit of documentation, which I constantly had to refer to, because the
confusing and inconsistent design.

There is a step by step guide on Google docs written by one of the
authors that is a very helpful approach to using Dabo. The authors are
also very active on the dabo-users list, and any questions are quickly
answered.

So I guess if you need a desktop framework in Python, I would strongly
urge you to check out Dabo and not let the volume of documentation
scare you off.

--

# p.d.