unexpected token `;'

Benjamin Kaplan benjamin.kaplan at case.edu
Tue Aug 25 07:50:59 EDT 2009

On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 7:25 AM, Diez B. Roggisch <deets at nospam.web.de>wrote:

> > Hello to all!
> >
> > I am struggling with a script in python for a while now, and decided
> > to look for some help. I am running a code that takes commands from
> > Marsyas(open source for Music analysis).
> >
> > #!/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/bin/python2.6
> > #!/bin/bashimport math
>
> This is bogus. Replace it with
>
>  #!/usr/bin/python
>
> and put the "import math" on the next line.
>

> Diez

It's not bogus. That is perfectly legitimate for using the user-installed
Python2.6 on OS X. /usr/bin/ is reserved for system programs on that
platform so it will always point to the system python install, which is
2.5.1 on Leopard and 2.3.5 on Tiger. That being said, the #!/bin/bash line
is what's screwing it up.