Python for professsional Windows GUI apps?

Wolfgang Keller feliphil at gmx.net
Tue Aug 25 07:24:39 EDT 2009

> I need controls for business apps like access to databases, good data
> grid, printing reports (with or without barcodes), etc.

The area of _desktop_ database application development indeed looks like a vast and very hostile desert in the Python landscape.

The only framework that seems to be worth trying is Dabo. Unfortunately there's little documentation, and that's mostly outdated.

There's also Kiwi, but that's even less well documented.

And GNU Enterprise essentially seems to be dead.

Sincerely,

Wolfgang

--
NO "Courtesy Copies" PLEASE!