Annoying octal notation

Derek Martin code at pizzashack.org
Mon Aug 24 16:14:24 EDT 2009

On Mon, Aug 24, 2009 at 04:40:14PM -0300, Gabriel Genellina wrote:
> En Mon, 24 Aug 2009 14:40:24 -0300, Derek Martin
> <code at pizzashack.org> escribió:
>
> >Why is it so hard for you to accept that intelligent people can
> >disagree with you, and that what's right for you might be bad for
> >others?
>
> Ask the same question yourself please.

I accept it.  But I reserve the right to voice my dissent, and am
doing so.  The Usual Suspects in this forum seem to suggest that the
change is some silver bullet that makes Python suddenly Right With The
World, and I say it just ain't so.  I happen to opine that the old
behavior was better, and I will not be dissuaded from that opinion
just because a few prominent posters in this forum suggest that I'm an
idiot for disagreeing with them.

My original post in this thread, if you weren't paying attention, was
in opposition to several people trying to cram the idea down the
throats of other posters that leading zeros to represent octal numbers
is inherently evil, and that anyone who suggests otherwise is an
Apostate to be damned for all eternity.

Alright, I exaggerate.  Slightly. :)

--
Derek D. Martin