your favorite debugging tool?

David 71david at libero.it
Sun Aug 23 08:01:41 EDT 2009

Il Sat, 22 Aug 2009 10:25:37 -0400, Esmail ha scritto:

> I use emacs as my primary development environment, FWIW.
> Someone mentioned winpdb .. anyone have experience/comments
> on this? Others?

I use Winpdb on Windows and I feel quite comfortable. The interface is not
so clever as more advanced (and expensive, winpdb is free) debuggers but
there is all yuo need for deep-source debugging.
It is especially suited for multi threaded programs and GUI debugging, where
command line debugging is a pain.
It supports remote debugging over encrypted connection also.

regards
David