IDLE file saving problem

Harald Luessen harald.luessen at gmx.de
Sun Aug 23 05:12:43 EDT 2009

On Fri, 21 Aug 2009 14:48:56 -0700 (PDT), r <rt8396 at gmail.com> wrote:

>On Aug 21, 4:10 pm, MRAB <pyt... at mrabarnett.plus.com> wrote:
>
>Yes, and much more needs improvement! I have made many changes already
>and i am polishing an "IDLE 3000" for the good people of Pythonia,
>stay tuned more to come....

There is a small little detail that nags me when I use IDLE:

When the cursor is somewhere in the white space at the
beginning of the lines and I use Ctrl-rightArrow  [ctrl]-[->]
to go to the first word in the line then IDLE skips
the position with the first non-whitespace letter and places
the cursor after the first word in the line.
This is not consistent because moving backwards works. [ctrl]-[<-]
Similar things happen at the end of a line.

I suggest that these movements should consider 'before the first'
and 'after the last' text in the line as stop positions.

I think other editors do that, at least MS Visual Studio.

(The [pos1] alternating between first column and first text in line
does not help much.)

Harald