Questions on XML

Rami Chowdhury rami.chowdhury at gmail.com
Sat Aug 22 00:18:13 EDT 2009

> I am using primarily UTF-8 based strings, like Hindi or Bengali. Can I
> use Python to help me in this regard?

I can say from experience that Python on Windows (at least, Python
2.5 on 32-bit Vista) works perfectly well with UTF-8 files containing
Bangla. I have had trouble with working with the data in IDLE,
however, which seems to prefer ASCII by default.

Rami Chowdhury
"Never assume malice when stupidity will suffice." -- Hanlon's Razor
408-597-7068 (US) / 07875-841-046 (UK) / 0189-245544 (BD)