install package in a particular python version

David Lyon david.lyon at preisshare.net
Thu Aug 20 21:34:08 EDT 2009

On Thu, 20 Aug 2009 17:57:53 -0700 (PDT), Steve1234 <sflennik at comcast.net>
wrote:
> I installed the boto module in my Ubuntu system using "python setup.py
> install" and it installs in my python2.6 version and works great.  Now
> I want to install boto into my python2.5 version because my hosting
> services supports 2.5 but not 2.6. and I want to test my code locally,
> "sting".format() is not in 2.5.
>
> How do I install a package in a particular version of python?
>
> I tried several different install switches without any luck.

If you wish to do it in a gui rather than at the commandline then
you could try the python package manager at :

  http://sourceforge.net/projects/pythonpkgmgr/

You will need to download it from source.

In the Options Dialog, there is a dropdown list that allow you to
easily change from one version of python to another.

Regards

David