Changing Python Opcodes

Sreejith K sreejithemk at gmail.com
Tue Aug 18 03:42:10 EDT 2009

On Aug 18, 12:19 pm, "Diez B. Roggisch" <de... at nospam.web.de> wrote:

> Did you try installing the egg *without* pyc-files in there? Because
> naturally those shouldn't work. They shouldn't crash the interpreter
> either, but then again - you *did* modify it.

Hi Diez, thanks for the immediate reply :)

I installed the setuptools using ez_setup.py script. Then I used the
easy_install to install additional modules. When importing the
installed modules segfault occurs. The module I installed was
TurboGears.

Then I thought that it happened maybe because the easy_install script
is downloading eggs for original python (I'm not sure if it is what
easy_install is doing). So I also tried to install the module by
downloading all the dependencies (tar.gz files) and building it. Even
then segfault occured. Is there any problem in changing only the
opcodes.py file ? I did something horribly wrong here. Hope someone
will help...