off topic: google groups sucks?

John Yeung gallium.arsenide at gmail.com
Mon Aug 17 13:44:49 EDT 2009

On Aug 17, 12:41 pm, Aaron Watters <aaron.watt... at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm having better luck now using the advanced search option
> with queries like
>
>    gadfly group:comp.lang.python
>
> The "search this group" feature still needs fixing, however.

Thanks, Aaron, for confirming that it's not just me!  I've been
noticing spotty or missing results searching groups for a while now,
actually, to the point that I gave up trying.  Can't remember exactly
when it started, but I do remember that it used to work pretty well
and then suddenly got significantly worse.

Also, thanks for the tip of trying advanced searches.

John