zip codes

Martin P. Hellwig martin.hellwig at dcuktec.org
Sun Aug 16 17:10:05 EDT 2009

Shailen wrote:
> Is there any Python module that helps with US and foreign zip-code
> lookups? I'm thinking of something that provides basic mappings of zip
> to cities, city to zips, etc. Since this kind of information is so
> often used for basic user-registration, I'm assuming functionality of
> this sort must be available for Python. Any suggestions will be much
> appreciated.

There might be an associated can of worms here, for example in the
Netherlands zip codes are actually copyrighted and require a license if
you want to do something with them, on the other hand you get a nice SQL
formatted db to use it. I don't know how this works in other countries
but I imagine that it is likely to be generally the same.

--
MPH
http://blog.dcuktec.com