Is it possible to use python to get True Full Duplex on a Serial port?

Hendrik van Rooyen hendrik at microcorp.co.za
Sat Aug 15 13:33:10 EDT 2009

On Saturday 15 August 2009 16:25:03 Grant Edwards wrote:

> Are you using python file operations open/read/write or OS
> file-descriptor operations os.open/os.read/os.write?

The former - that seems to be the source of my trouble.

I have now written a little test that uses serial.Serial and it works a treat.

I am still confused about pyserial and serial - I found serial in my
distribution library, (on the SuSe machine, not on the 2.5 in Slackware) but
I had to download pyserial.  I see that you were the the original author.
Thank you for letting this stuff loose in the wild.

- Hendrik