anyone with genomewide microarray analysis experience ?

Jochen Schulz ml at well-adjusted.de
Fri Aug 14 09:17:22 EDT 2009

trias:

>  One of the things I would like to do is to fetch all data from a certain
> distance from gene ATGs say 100+/- bp and calculate the bp average over all
> genes over this region.

I know absolutely nothing about your problem domain, but if your
distance function is metric, you can use this:

http://well-adjusted.de/mspace.py

or that:

http://code.activestate.com/recipes/572156/

The latter (by Baerophile) is fast, the former (by me) has more
features. Baerophile has even faster implementations (non-Python) as
well.

J.
--
I am worried that my dreams pale in comparison beside TV docu-soaps.
[Agree]   [Disagree]