Social problems of Python doc [was Re: Python docs disappointing]

Mark Lawrence breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Aug 12 10:10:47 EDT 2009

Paul Boddie wrote:
[snip]
> One can always spend one's time doing something which isn't 100%
> enjoyable or 100% rewarding if one feels that the time is still being
> spent on something worthwhile. I'm getting the feeling that lots of
> Python-related stuff doesn't quite satisfy such criteria any more.

I've been strongly considering volunteering to do Python work but this
thread has put me off completely.  I've time to spare as I only work
part time due to long term health problems. However I don't feel that
the time would be well spent on Python work, as I get the impression
that a lot of it would go on cleaning some people's snotty noses, and on
wiping other people's bottoms.

I'll just wait until my normal voluntary work starts again next month
after the summer break.  Working with an extremely pleasant bunch of
people hacking foreigners to death, that's more like it.  See the
following links should anyone be interested.

http://www.dorsetforyou.com/index.jsp?articleid=386553
http://www.dorsetforyou.com/index.jsp?articleid=386598

--
Kindest regards.