Social problems of Python doc [was Re: Python docs disappointing]

RJ rays at blue-cove.com
Tue Aug 11 19:13:37 EDT 2009

At 03:08 PM 8/11/2009, you wrote:
>I recommend going to the existing Wiki and looking at what there is
>already:
>
>http://wiki.python.org/moin/Documentation
>http://wiki.python.org/moin/CategoryDocumentation

I also can't see how to get
from  http://wiki.python.org/moin/Documentation to
http://wiki.python.org/moin/CategoryDocumentation, for one...

>Sadly, I don't think you'll find much to work with, apart from the
>occasional attempt to make an annotated version of the existing
>documentation:
>
>http://wiki.python.org/moin/PythonLibraryReference

The library reference above needs a link to Modules (and the link to
Andrew's pages are now dead -
<http://pydoc.amk.ca/frame.html>http://pydoc.amk.ca/frame.html)

What I've always looked for and Google constantly for, is a main
language version of the features of http://www.scipy.org/Cookbook and
http://code.activestate.com/recipes/langs/python/, with module level
organization. At least users can submit something at Activestate. The
issue there (and at Scipy) is that I usually want an example
illustrating some method, and that's not how it's organized (but is
at those Other language sites), so I still need to search at Scipy, or do
http://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Ascipy.org+foo