Python docs disappointing - group effort to hire writers?

Mark Lawrence breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Aug 11 16:12:29 EDT 2009

r wrote:
> Ok people follow me here. Open your winders help file and click the
> "Tutorial" link. What is this FLUFF doing here!?!?! Where is the damn
> index? Where is the damn tutorial? I want to learn Python not read the
> HISTORY OF THE WORLD.
>
> Upon clicking the "Tutorial" link pre 2.6, a nice menu was placed
> before your eyes, WHERE IS IT!?!??? Good thing i know the language or
> i would have given up already!!!!
As I keep on repeating, my version works perfectly.  Perhaps this is
because I have a computing IQ of approximately 2**32, so realised that
something was wrong, went here and downloaded the corrected version of
the file, which has presumably been available for months!!!!!

http://www.python.org/download/releases/2.6.2/

And you want newbies let loose on the python docs.  As good ole Santa
would say, ho, ho, ho!
--
Kindest regards.

Mark Lawrence.