Python docs disappointing - group effort to hire writers?

Grant Edwards invalid at invalid
Tue Aug 11 15:11:37 EDT 2009

On 2009-08-11, max bianco <maximilianbianco at gmail.com> wrote:

> I assume I am misunderstanding you here and you meant something else?
> Python is paraded as a good language for beginners.

I believe it is a good language for beginners.

> Is this a false statement or a secondary objective?

Objective of what?

> Or are the docs only meant for experienced developers?

Some are, some aren't.  The "standard" docs (most of the docs
you can reach directly from http://www.python.org/doc/ --
including the tutorial) aren't intended to teach somebody how
to program and assume the reader has a basic grounding in
programming and language theory.

There are plenty of books and tutorials that are aimed at
teaching programming and Python at the same time.  You can find
some of via the links listed under "Additional documentation"
at http://www.python.org/doc/ -- particularly here:

 http://wiki.python.org/moin/BeginnersGuide/NonProgrammers

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow! My mind is making
                                  at               ashtrays in Dayton ...