install tarball package Python on Debian, necessary modules not found

garabik-news-2005-05 at kassiopeia.juls.savba.sk garabik-news-2005-05 at kassiopeia.juls.savba.sk
Mon Aug 10 05:43:08 EDT 2009

Frédéric Léger <frederic.leger at contactoffice.net> wrote:

> I use Debian Lenny and I tried to install the tarball packaging of the
> lastest python realease (http://www.python.org/download/, release
> 3.1). After read README file I launch standard Makefile commands. But
> at the end of "make" command, I have got this message:

Maybe you know, but there is python3.1 deb in experimental. Works with
testing like a charm. It is also possible to install ubuntu's 3.X into
debian.

| Radovan Garabík http://kassiopeia.juls.savba.sk/~garabik/ |
| __..--^^^--..__    garabik @ kassiopeia.juls.savba.sk     |