Windows 7 : any problems installing or running Python ?

Tim Roberts timr at probo.com
Mon Aug 10 01:42:45 EDT 2009

Dave WB3DWE wrote:

>Anybody tried it ?
>Is anything broken, ie is the whole shootin' match good to go ?
>I'm esp interested in WConio for 3.0/3.1 which I use heavily.

I've been running the 32-bit builds of Python 2.5, PyWin32, and wxPython on
Windows 7 64-bit for many months.  No problems at all.

I hated Vista; I would only run it if my clients insisted on having their
drivers tested on it.  Vista SP1 was somewhat better, but I don't mind
Windows 7 at all.  I might even upgrade my primary development machine from
XP.  A number of the usually cranky driver developers have expressed the
same opinion.  Microsoft might actually have a winner here.
Tim Roberts, timr at probo.com
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.