unicode() vs. s.decode()

Fri Aug 7 22:04:58 EDT 2009

On Fri, 07 Aug 2009 12:00:42 +0200, Thorsten Kampe wrote:

> Bollocks. No one will even notice whether a code sequence runs 2.7 or
> 5.7 seconds. That's completely artificial benchmarking.

You think users won't notice a doubling of execution time? Well, that
explains some of the apps I'm forced to use...

A two-second running time for (say) a command-line tool is already
noticeable. A five-second one is *very* noticeable -- long enough to be a
drag, short enough that you aren't tempted to go off and do something
else while you're waiting for it to finish.

--
Steven