SMTP

Gabriel Genellina gagsl-py2 at yahoo.com.ar
Fri Aug 7 00:21:23 EDT 2009

En Fri, 07 Aug 2009 00:21:34 -0300, Sarmad George <sgeorge at coe.neu.edu>
escribió:

> Good day all
> I am new to the Python list

Welcome!

> My question is here not Python as much as it is in servers
>
> I have a code to send an email through my SMTP server - comcast Boston
> fromaddrs = "******"
> toaddrs = "sgeorge at coe.neu.edu"
> msg = "Hello World"
>
> server = smtplib.SMTP ('76.96.30.117', '25') #COMCAST BOSTON
> server.set_debuglevel(1)
> try:
>     server.sendmail(fromaddrs, toaddrs, msg)
> finally:
>     server.quit()
>
> Which basically sends a hello world message
> Debugging gives me an indication of acceptance as seen below (and I as
> googled
> it)
> I tried the same from the University server, and I got the same results
> almost!
> However, no emails in my Inbox when I log in - PLS can you explain the
> trouble?
> Is it a firewall blocker?

It's probably a spam filter in action: you claim to be someone at Yahoo
but you're not using a Yahoo server to send mail. Try using the Yahoo smtp
mail servers to deliver your message, or use your ISP address as the
sender if you use their SMTP. In any case, you should log in first with
the adequate username+password.

--
Gabriel Genellina