Datetime with float seconds

kpal kpalamartchouk at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 03:46:58 EDT 2009

On Aug 6, 7:43 am, Hendrik van Rooyen <hend... at microcorp.co.za> wrote:

> I am curious as to what would require less than microsecond
> timing - about the only thing I can think of would be something
> involving measuring the speed of light, where nanoseconds
> or better would be nice.

You are right :-) I am trying to write a scientific software that does
some satellite geodesy computations (involving the speed of light),
and I would prefer to keep all the times float, while retaining the
time and time interval arithmetics and format transformation
capabilities of datetime. The system time granularity, that is of
cause limited, is not a problem at all, as the data are to be
initialized by constructing instances from external data.

Thanks