Install setup tools for 2.6

Gabriel Genellina gagsl-py2 at yahoo.com.ar
Wed Aug 5 20:54:16 EDT 2009

En Wed, 05 Aug 2009 15:31:38 -0300, Jeremy Cowles
<jeremy.cowles at gmail.com> escribió:

> Ok, I feel like this is a really stupid question, but how do you install
> setup tools for Python 2.6 under windows?
> The only format is .egg which requires setup tools to install, doesn't
> it?

I have no idea, and I try to stay as far away from setuptools/ez_setup as
I can. I think they solve some kind of problems for some kind of people
(else the tool would be defunct by now), but haven't worked for me.
Perhaps you don't need setuptools either?

--
Gabriel Genellina