Turtle Graphics are incompatible with gmpy

Gregor Lingl gregor.lingl at aon.at
Wed Aug 5 20:49:44 EDT 2009

Mensanator schrieb:
> On Aug 5, 5:31 pm, Mensanator <mensana... at aol.com> wrote:
>> I fixed this to produce the actual image I'm looking
>> for instead of that stupid black square. All I did was
>> use up() & dowm() in place of penup(), pendown() and
>> replace dot(2) with forward(1).
>>
>> I'll be posting a followup report later.
>>

> http://www.mensanator.com/mensanator/PythonTurtle/turtle.htm

Hi Mansanator,

Thanks for that thorough investigations.
I hope I'll soon find time to study it in detail.

I've just one idea, but I don't know if you might
be intersted in it or if it's rewarding at all:

What would be the results when using the old turtle
module with Python 3.1 (it will certainly not run
out of the box, but perhaps 2to3 might do it?)

That would clarify the question if there is some
impact of new division or some changes in Tkinter.

Best regards,
Gregor