Turtle Graphics are incompatible with gmpy

Mensanator mensanator at aol.com
Wed Aug 5 16:40:28 EDT 2009

On Aug 5, 3:08 pm, Ethan Furman <et... at stoneleaf.us> wrote:
> Mensanator wrote:
>
> <snippers galore>
>

> > What does this mean?

> > Traceback (most recent call last):
> >   File "<pyshell#2>", line 1, in <module>
> >     tooter.tracer
> > AttributeError: 'Turtle' object has no attribute 'tracer'

> > <function tracer at 0x013E0ED0>
>
> > How did the tracer attribute appear out of thin air?
>
> Perhaps I am missing something (wouldn't surprise me!) but it seems that
> the first time you are looking for a tracer on 'tooter', and the second
> time you are looking for a tracer on 'turtle'.

Duh. I could have looked at that from now til the sun don't shine and
not seen it. And I even retyped it, no cut/paste.

> After *turtle.tracer*
> succeeds, does *tooter.tracer*?

No, that was my mistake. Too late now as the record is gone, but I
could have sworn I had the math exception first. That's what made
me go realize the tracing wasn't off which led me to add .screen.

Sounds like I should have gotten the attribute error first.

Maybe I did and am mis-remembering it. Usually, I don't start keeping
notes at first because I'm not expecting failure.