Overlap in python

Jay Bird jay.bird0804 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 18:21:13 EDT 2009

Hi everyone,

I wanted to thank you all for your help and *excellent* discussion.  I
was able to utilize and embed the script by Grigor Lingl in the 6th
post of this discussion to get my program to work very quickly (I had
to do about 20 comparisons per data bin, with over 40K bins in
total).  I am involved in genomic analysis research and this problem
comes up a lot and I was surprised to not have been able to find a
clear way to solve it.  I will also look through all the tips in this
thread, I have a feeling they may come in handy for future use!

Thank you again,
Jay